Laura Kaeppeler, Miss Wisconsin turned Miss America 2012, on Saturday, publicly made a plea to Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers.
During the pageant, which was held at the Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino in Las Vegas, Kaeppeler, 23, introduced herself saying, "If you're watching, Aaron Rodgers, call me."
Kaeppeler's platform during the competition was supporting and mentoring children of incarcerated parents. Her father served 18 months in federal prison for mail fraud.
Jeff Kaeppeler told The Associated Press that he his daughter's winning the competition was the best day of his life.
But Kaeppeler isn't beauty with no brains. And she definitely is a team player. She managed to win the crown after answering whether beauty queens should declare their politics.
"Miss America represents everyone, so I think the message to political candidates is that they represent everyone as well," Kaeppeler said. "And so in these economic times, we need to be looking forward to what America needs, and I think Miss America needs to represent all."
Kaeppeler received a $50,000 scholarship and will wear the Miss America crown for a year.
Aaron Rodgers may now have some free time on his hands after the Green Bay lost to the New York Giants over the weekend. Rodgers might have missed Kaeppeler's little greeting, seeing that he was getting ready for that match.
But we think Rodgers should give Kaeppeler a call, as a bonus prize.
Here are some reasons why Rodgers should call the pageant queen:
- She is from Kenosha, Wis.
- She is college educated. She graduated from Carthage College in Kenosha in 2010 and has a Bachelors of Arts in Music with an emphasis in vocal performance.
- She cares for others. She founded Circles of Support as a result of her own personal experience. Circles of Support was created as a means to reduce the cycle of crime. The group plans to do this through mentoring children of incarcerated parents.
- She has future goals and plans to seek a degree in Family and Child Advocacy Law.
- She owns a private music studio and teaches voice and piano.
If those reasons aren't enough, just watch the beauty queen present herself in the video below: